Supplier Quality Manager
We are looking for a Supplier Quality Manager to join our Quality team based in Amsterdam! As the newest addition to Tony's Chocolonely, your #1 goal will be developing actual and potential suppliers to meet our quality & food safety standards, guaranteeing exceptional product quality for our beloved customers.
In the midst of Tony's exciting growth, we're striving for a more structured and aligned approach. Your role will be key to strategically shape and execute our Supplier Quality Management Program in our organization. Together with our QA and procurement team, you'll design and establish Tony's Quality Supplier Assessment tool, develop, and make sure action plans are implemented, and handle the approval of new suppliers. And that's not all—regular on-site audits will be part of your repertoire to ensure ongoing compliance, sometimes with the help of external auditors.
In this role, you will closely collaborate with our Quality, Procurement, Product and Manufacturing teams, reporting directly to our Quality Lead. This is an exceptional opportunity for a quality assurance professional who wants to be part of something truly revolutionary.
Here is what you will do:
- Work together with Quality Lead to develop a Supplier Quality Management Program to assess new suppliers and continuous evaluate current suppliers.
- Partner up with the procurement team to approve new and existing co-manufacturers, co-packers, processors, ingredient & packaging suppliers and 3rd party logistic operators.
- Develop, implement, and maintain a robust supplier quality performance tool for Tony's suppliers and operators.
- Create and co-own (with Procurement) the “approved supplier list”. Document the approval process for Tony’s suppliers according to ISO 22000/FSSC 22000 Standards.
- Create a Quality Performance Scorecard with metrics such as receiving CoA’s, QA factory management, plant floor feedback, certifications, and documentation compliance.
- Set up audit planning and conduct the supplier audits to evaluate suppliers’ food safety and quality systems and their ability to meet legal and Tony’s quality and food safety standards.
- Document the approval process for Tony’s suppliers according to ISO 22000/FSSC 22000 Standards
- Start the new supplier onboarding process in partnership with our quality team and other internal stakeholders.
- Set up quarterly Quality meetings with supplier to follow up actions derived from the quality development plan.
- Bachelor's or master's degree in food or a related field.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience in conducting supplier audits within the food industry.
- In-depth knowledge of GFSI standards, with a preference for experience with FSSC 22000 and BRC Scheme.
- Strong project management skills in developing and implementing Supplier Assessment and Evaluation policies and procedures, collaborating with internal stakeholders.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to establish and maintain strong relationships with suppliers.
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to analyze supplier performance metrics and develop action plans for improvement.
- Previous work experience in a GMP regulated manufacturing environment.
- We are all about being more in person than apart. This means we offer flexibility but see each other in the office on average 3 days a week. More is fine!
- Ability to travel internationally up to 30% of the time.
- Nice to have: Successfully completed FSSC Lead Auditor training.
- Nice to have: Knowledge of FDA regulations and SQF Scheme.
Sounds like you?
Are you passionate about making a difference in the world? Look no further! If you're ready to take the chocolate industry to new heights with us, we'd love to hear from you! Please send your direct application, no agencies. We can't wait to hear from you!
Everybody is welcome to apply. From classics to limited editions, we know that different flavors make life more inspiring. And not just in our chocolate assortment. At Tony’s, we welcome everyone with equal enthusiasm – regardless of race, color, age, gender, sexual orientation, nationality, disability, or parental or veteran status. Even if your skillset or experience doesn’t 100% align with a specific role, we still encourage you to apply.