We are looking for a new Sourcing Manager to join our team in New York City! As a key player in our US operations team, you'll be instrumental in setting up and accelerating Tony’s US manufacturing. Your expertise in establishing sourcing strategies and vendor networks will help us advance our growth in the US. You get to collaborate with a global procurement team based in Amsterdam and be part of a revolutionary journey that's transforming the chocolate industry!
As a Sourcing Manager, your primary mission is to develop and execute local sourcing strategies for packaging, materials, and inclusions in the US. You get to take charge of building sourcing processes to ensure seamless production, leading the charge on business continuity plans, and driving successful launches of new products in the US market. We are looking for a hands-on sourcing specialist who is enthusiastic about taking on a new challenge and furthering their career in a growing impact-company.
What you will do:
- Build and optimize processes to enhance production and short-term operational capabilities in the US. Spearhead the business continuity plan and ensure flawless execution for production and new product launches.
- Expand and improve our US supply network by identifying and selecting top-tier inclusions and packaging suppliers. Lead negotiations, formulate contracts, and coordinate all supplier setup and integration with internal US and global stakeholders.
- Work with internal planning team to understand changes to demand forecast and growth expectations, to inform sourcing strategy, decisions, and contract negotiations with suppliers.
- Identify sourcing opportunities and provide valuable support to the product team during new product development phases and in execution of new product introductions.
- Proven experience in procurement, sourcing, or buying within the food industry, ideally in confection.
- Demonstrated success in implementing sourcing strategies, onboarding new suppliers, and executing all tactical aspects of sourcing.
- Exceptional planning and organizational skills, managing multiple projects effortlessly.
- Be solution-oriented and proactive in communication with stakeholders across diverse teams and markets.
- Can-do mentality and eagerness to shape a scaling business. No task is too big for you!
- You live either in New York City or in a drivable proximity. We are all about being more in person than apart; this means we offer flexibility but see each other in our office in New York City on average 3 days a week. More is fine, too!
- Believe wholeheartedly in Tony’s mission. You live our core values: outspoken, willful, entrepreneurial and makes you smile.
This position has an annual salary range of $100,000 - $125,000.
Sounds like you?
Are you passionate about making a difference in the world? Look no further! If you're ready to take the chocolate industry to new heights with us, we'd love to hear from you! Please send your direct application, no agencies.
Everybody is welcome to apply. From classics to limited editions, we know that different flavors make life more inspiring. And not just in our chocolate assortment. At Tony’s, we welcome everyone with equal enthusiasm – regardless of race, color, age, gender, sexual orientation, nationality, disability, or parental or veteran status. Even if your skillset or experience doesn’t 100% align with a specific role, we still encourage you to apply.