As part of our strategic expansion, we are in the process of building a brand-new team called the Product Delivery team. This team will play a key role in enhancing our capabilities and expanding the variety of our product portfolio. As a member of the Product Delivery team, you will be able to unleash your creativity and contribute to shaping the future of Tony's. We value fresh ideas, diverse perspectives, and a passion for making a positive impact in the world. If you're excited about being part of a dynamic and forward-thinking team, we encourage you to continue reading.
We're on the hunt for a Packaging Development Specialist to join our team in Amsterdam! In this exciting new role, your main goal is to develop new packaging for innovation and renovation projects, in order to develop the global Tony's product portfolio, as Tony’s products are the driving force behind commercial success, profitable growth, and impact. You will make sure we develop packaging that surprise and delight, driving our packaging sustainability goals, and lead the technical development process from briefing to kitchen, to launch (first production)- on time, on brief and meeting Tony’s product & packaging principles and quality standards.
Reporting directly to our Product and Packaging Development Manager, you'll have the exciting opportunity to shape the future of our products packaging and make a tangible impact on the industry. If you're driven by innovation, fascinated by emerging trends, and eager to contribute to Tony's mission of creating positive change, then this role is tailor-made for you.
Here is what you will do:
- Deliver packaging for innovation (NPD) & renovation (improving our current products), across various chocolate segments in bars, seasonal, gifting & bitesize and thus with different manufacturing partners, packaging types and capabilities.
- Translate a brief from the Innovation & Renovation team into pack attributes, and you make sure to always add some Tony’s magic to be able to disrupt in the category.
- Bring development from concept brief to execution, from definition of right pack material/format, up until a successful first production.
- Develop packaging aligned to cost targets in the business case– incl. Ideation/development of alternative routes if needed.
- Work closely with our Operations & Quality team and networks of co-mans, co-packers and suppliers, to ensure new packaging can be manufactured (efficiently and cost-effectively), meeting foods safety and pack performance standards and without loosing Tony’s magic.
- Set up and execute packaging tests (like consumer experience or barrier test), with partners if needed, to ensure pack performance validation.
- Set up, prepare, execute and evaluate production trials, together with our teams, co-mans and co-packers.
- Identify and actively manage risk in projects in close collaboration with project managers.