Director of Sales
Tony’s Chocolonely exists to make 100% Exploitation Free the norm in chocolate. Not only our chocolate, but all chocolate world-wide! Our main mission is to fight for equality and fairness – it inherently affects how we aspire to do business. We’re crazy about chocolate & serious about people.
Now we're looking for a Director of Sales - Mass & Alternative Channels to join our US sales team. We're accelerating our growth in the US by expanding the distribution in this channel extensively. This gives you a unique opportunity to be the driving force behind our next growth stage and make your mark in the choco industry. The goal of your role is to grow revenue through distribution, brand love and, most importantly, mission awareness within the mass channel (such as Target and Walmart) and other alternative channel accounts nationwide.
We are looking for someone with a deep understanding of the channel and a proven track record in CPG sales. You get be the one strategizing how to grow the channel with the freedom to pivot, experiment and grow big!
You are part of Team US and report to the Senior Director of Alternative Channels.
What you will do:
- You will be the one guiding our strategy with Target and support with our Walmart business. You are accountable for managing and growing the revenue for other alternative channel accounts.
- You will own the Target and all other alternative channels accounts' P&L and make sure you are smashing net revenue targets and margin targets.
- You are managing the Target and alternative channel accounts' forecasting and plan accordingly.
- You will evaluate trade marketing spending and develop effective and efficient trade marketing plans. You will guide Target and alternative channel accounts' promotions, off-shelf programs and sales-marketing plans, as well as support with Walmart.
- A solid track record in CPG sales with direct national HQ management experience, Target and/or Walmart expertise preferred.
- Proficient in use of syndicated data sources (IRI/Nielsen) and Target data sources (MIQ, POL, etc.). You know how to use data to drive product and pricing strategies, and their impact to production forecasts.
- Broad understanding of P&L and pricing to optimize customer strategies.
- Strong in collaboration and working with stakeholders across the organization to achieve shared objectives.
- Ability to plan and set objectives for brokers that align with broader organizational goals.
- Lives our core values; outspoken, wilful, entrepreneurial, and makes you smile. Believes wholeheartedly in Tony's mission.
Sounds like you?
Are you passionate about making a difference in the world? Look no further! If you're ready to take the chocolate industry to new heights with us, we'd love to hear from you! Please send your direct application, no agencies. We can't wait to hear from you!
Everybody is welcome to apply. From classics to limited editions, we know that different flavors make life more inspiring. And not just in our chocolate assortment. At Tony’s, we welcome everyone with equal enthusiasm – regardless of race, color, age, gender, sexual orientation, nationality, disability, or parental or veteran status. Even if your skillset or experience doesn’t 100% align with a specific role, we still encourage you to apply.