Everybody is welcome to apply. From classics to limited editions, we know that different flavors make life more inspiring. And not just in our chocolate assortment. At Tony’s, we welcome everyone with equal enthusiasm – regardless of race, color, age, gender, sexual orientation, nationality, disability or veteran status. Crazy about chocolate, serious about people.
Director of Sales - Grocery
Tony’s Chocolonely exists to make all chocolate 100% free from exploitation. Our main mission is to fight for equality and fairness – it inherently affects how we aspire to do business. We’re crazy about chocolate and serious about people.
Now we are looking for a Director of Sales - Grocery to join our team in New York City! Your #1 goal is to achieve Tony’s sales targets within the grocery channel while managing the four national grocery accounts. You are part of the US Sales team and report directly to the Head of Sales US.
Ready to raise the bar with us? Your main responsibilities will be:
- Building on our commercial strategy. You get to create your own view of the US chocolate market: you will discover consumer trends and look at segmentation, price sensitivities, competitor analyses and different sales channels which help us grow each year. You will be the one developing and executing a long-term channel plan for the Grocery Channel.
- Improving business and relationships with our customers (Kroger, Ahold, Albertsons, Publix) as an Account Manager. You get to create a solid account plan and implement this successfully to grow towards Tony's 3-year plan. You will create solid partnerships in a Tony-kind of way, following our core values, so we can generate the goodwill we need to achieve our bigger mission.
- Strengthening the position of Tony's as a professional category and trade partner. You are the one responsible for developing a new category vision and a promotional strategy. You work closely with the Category Manager and Trade Marketer and professionalize the market approach. You will optimize the in-store presentation and communication to improve the sales and brand awareness.
This is why we are the perfect match:
You have at least 5 years of experience in managing national grocery accounts (ideally in confectionary) and you live in or around New York City. You have a demonstrated track record of driving results by growing accounts’ sales and brand awareness, and you know how to activate new retailers in an engaging way. Negotiating with key accounts comes naturally to you, as well as establishing relationships inside and outside of the organization. You also know how to handle market data, draw conclusions and lead broker teams. Last but not least, you can make chocolate from anything: you deal smoothly with the changes that come with a growing company & contribute positively to the performance of team Tony’s. You raise the bar and challenge yourself and the team Tony's to increase our ambition. You believe in our mission wholeheartedly, and live our core values: outspoken, willful, entrepreneurial and makes you smile.
What we offer:
- An enthusiastic team of friendly, driven colleagues with a lot of love for our mission and Tony’s Chocolonely.
- An inspirational and fast-growing international work environment in which you can show that things can be done differently.
- We take your development very seriously and have annual personal training budgets.
- Working out during working hours; that keeps you sharp, so we are all in! And your sports outfit is on us, of course.
- A minimum of 28 holidays per year (yes, more is fine too!).
- An extensive health care plan.
- A company car or an allowance.
- A 6% contribution to your 401k pension plan.
- An awesome office in New York City, with a healthy lunch, snacks and tea / coffee.
- We all work hard and have fun. Loads and loads of fun! Because we looooooooooooooove having fun at work. Don’t get us wrong, we know how to work our socks off too.
- An annual gross salary of $145k - $165k.
- And of course, lotssss of chocolate!
Our recruitment team
Some information about our recruitment team.
Talent Scout aka Choco Crew Catcher
Talent Scout aka Lady Catch-a-Match
Homebase & Belgium