Everybody is welcome to apply. From classics to limited editions, we know that different flavors make life more inspiring. And not just in our chocolate assortment. At Tony’s, we welcome everyone with equal enthusiasm – regardless of race, color, age, gender, sexual orientation, nationality, disability or veteran status. Crazy about chocolate, serious about people.
Category Buyer 3PM
We are looking for a new 3 Party Manufacturing Category Buyer to join our team in Homebase (Global) team in Amsterdam! Your #1 goal is to shape the future of our sourcing strategy for third-party manufacturers, including Co-packers and Logistic services. Your expertise will drive optimisation of the current situation whilst while paving the way for Tony’s ambitious long-term growth, financial success, and impactful sustainability goals.
This role will have a massive impact on selecting and nurturing partnerships that align seamlessly with our quality standards and overarching company strategy. By strategically curating these partnerships, you'll not only elevate our operational efficiency but also contribute to the bigger picture of our organizational success, one cocoa-bean at the time.
In this role, you will closely collaborate with our finance, engineering, innovation, quality, planning teams. Reporting directly to the Procurement Lead, you will have an exceptional opportunity to be part of something truly revolutionary.
Here is what you will do:
- Assess the current supply network based on quality, capabilities, price, social aspects, and capacity.
- Identify possible risks in our network and build a mitigation plan to secure business continuity and growth.
- Enhance and refine Tony’s supply, logistics, and co-pack network by selecting the best possible suppliers that align with our organization standards.
- Negotiate competitive contracts and cooperation agreements, ensuring comprehensive legal coverage and unwavering commitment to product quality, company values, and principles.
- Partner up with finance, engineering, innovation, quality, planning teams, along other business partners, to implement the category sourcing strategy.
- Establish a supplier governance process, including conducting periodic business and performance meetings.
- Work closely with finance to develop a systematic way of working for cost estimation, and measure budget vs actual deviation.
The ideal candidate
- Experience in strategic sourcing (procurement) where you have a track record of setting up a sourcing strategy for a category within the FMCG industry.
- Ability to lead and influence cross-functional teams, collaborating with both internal and external business partners from diverse nationalities and backgrounds.
- Willingness to travel across Europe, up to 20% of your time.
- We are all about being more in person than apart; this means we offer flexibility but see each other in the Amsterdam office on average 3 days a week. More is fine!
- Raise the bar. Challenge yourself and team Tony’s to increase our ambition and to accomplish our mission.
- Believe wholeheartedly in Tony’s mission. You live our core values: outspoken, willful, entrepreneurial and makes you smile.
Our recruitment team
Some information about our recruitment team.
Talent Scout aka Choco Crew Catcher
Talent Scout aka Lady Catch-a-Match
Homebase & Belgium